| Registration Form | Monthly Submission Form |
CommuteWorks is dedicated to helping LMA employees find the most sustainable, stress-free and cost-effective commuting options.
Commute with Enterprise and Yes We Van are the vendors we work with to bring you vanpooling options.
Why consider vanpooling?
- Save hundreds or thousands of dollars per year: split the costs for the lease, gas, tolls and parking; the savings can be substantial compared to your current commute. Contact CommuteWorks to help calculate your estimated savings.
- Save more money! Your costs may be further reduced if your employer offers a vanpool subsidy.
- Save your vehicle (and even more money)! Reduce the wear and tear and associated costs that your vehicle incurs when you drive to work.
- Save your sanity! Tired of fighting traffic or losing personal space on transit? Use the time and extra elbow room to relax or get work done.
- Short commitment: only a 30-day notice is required if you need to drop out for most programs. Additionally, Yes! We Van lets you try their vanpools from the south shore three times for free before committing.
Still not sure if vanpooling is the right commute option for you?
See our Vanpool FAQ below for more information
Additional benefits for vanpool commuters:
- Eligible for Emergency Ride Home
- May purchase up to 5 discounted ($5) daily off-site parking passes each month
Who do I contact?
- CommuteWorks can put you in touch with either of the van vendors, or you can contact them below:
- Commute with Enterprise: 1-800-VAN-4-WORK or https://www.commutewithenterprise.com
- Yes! We Van: 1-304-GO-BY-VAN or http://yeswevan.org
Have questions about vanpool commuting? We have answers!
- Are you a good vanpool candidate? If you live a farther distance (15+ miles) from the LMA, work a fixed schedule, and are tired of driving by yourself, vanpooling may be a good option for you.
- How many travelers in a vanpool? Usually 7-13. Keep in mind that every additional passenger helps further reduce monthly costs.
- Do I need a van? No! Vanpool vehicles are leased through a vendor; they calculate your anticipated monthly expenses based on distance and locations traveled, and split the cost evenly among riders.
- Are all vans created equal (in size)? No! The vehicle will be appropriately sized to the group; many are really SUV-style vehicles, and some companies can offer higher-end models with individual climate control and extra comfy seating.
- Do I have to park the van in my driveway? Not if you don’t want to! Vanpools usually originate from a central location like a Park-and-Ride lot, but the group decides what works best.
- Do I have to drive? No! You do not have to be a driver; however, if you do register as a driver, there are often additional benefits. Some vanpool drivers may have their monthly lease costs paid for as a thank-you, and CommuteWorks offers an additional incentive of $250 in gas cards for your own use or to defray your monthly portion of the vanpool gas costs.
- What if I don’t know enough other people to create a vanpool? Let us help you! There are several great companies waiting to get you started on a new, low-stress, cost-efficient commute.