UPDATE: MASCO Shuttle COVID Policies
MASCO SHUTTLE CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION (UPDATED: 4/20/2022)
It is MASCO’s priority to provide riders with high-quality and safe service during COVID-19.
As of April 19, 2021:
- All seats will be available for passengers on MASCO vehicles. Passengers will be allowed to stand when possible.
- Masks will continue to be required for passengers and drivers while on MASCO vehicles. No eating or drinking is allowed.
The following best practices will be continued on MASCO shuttles:
- Hand sanitizer stations are mounted at the rear door of vehicles.
- Mid-day cleaning of all high touchpoint areas on every vehicle before returning to PM service, in addition to the nightly deep clean of every vehicle.
- Increased ventilation when weather permits allowing drivers to open windows and roof hatches to increase airflow in the vehicles.
- Supervisors at high-traffic boarding locations to assist drivers and passengers, monitoring ridership, assisting with mask compliance, and helping drivers determine when capacity has been reached.
Total ridership on MASCO shuttles over the past year was more than one million. We look forward to continuing to provide this essential service to the Longwood community and we want to thank you for your support. For questions, concerns, or general feedback, please reach out to us: https://shuttlesupport.masco.harvard.edu/